Monday, January 19, 2009

killer winds!

There are many things that I have to get used to being in a different country and all. Such as five minute showers, a 25 minute walk to school everyday, and a semi-language barrier. However, the most difficult of all aside from guiness has proven to be the weather.

The past couple of days have just been horrible and I thought I knew what bad weather was having lived in upstate New York and all, but nothing could have prepared me for Ireland's weather. The wind is so strong I almost got lifted up twice on Saturday walking to immigration. It is also not just the wind it is a combo of rain and wind. The rain is so hard that it hurts against your skin and umbrellas do not work against this weather. My brand new umbrella broke today due to the wind.

I generally do not mind severe weather because I either don't go out or dress accordingly. This weather I cannot escape it seems since I have to go out for school and no attire seems to be appropriate.

End rant.

Sorry just storms get me mad, who knew?

Until more interesting times!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! And I thought the chilly weather we've been having was bad.

I'm back at Wells now. The room seems really quiet now, and I miss you! Classes start tomorrow already. Ugh, I'm not ready to have homework again!
-Kate

Anonymous said...

Jenny! This is Emily. Classes started today at Wells, and we all miss you! Hope Ireland is wonderful and that you settle in there and enjoy it. I talked breifly to Nik today- he was there last semester and seemed to have had a good time. Costa Rica was totally awesome. I kept a journal in which I wrote pages upon pages, which was really useful to me as an adjusting process. Perhaps this blog can be the same kind of thing for you. Keep writing and let us know how you are doing!
~Emily Schlick xoxo

MedusaRoaming said...

Jenny...I miss you. Ireland sounds fun....:-P
I have had "I Must Be Emo" stuck in my head all day and have thought of you.

<3

~Loey